From the announcement:
After four months of hard work we are proud to announce a new release of the user manual for GIMP 2.2.
- new content, spelling and grammar fixes for German, French, Italian, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish, Korean and Dutch
- support for creating ODF files (you need to have docbook2odf installed.)
- lots of bug fixes
- new tutorials from gimp.org
- Quickreference sheet export to SVG
- and more technically: a new build system.
The source files of gimp-help-2-0.13 can be downloaded from ftp.gimp.org. Users should wait until this release has been packaged in a pre-compiled form that is easier to install. Find more information about our goals and how you can help at http://docs.gimp.org.
The Gimp developers announced the release of a new users manual today. From the announcement:
After three months of hard work we are proud to announce a new release of the user manual for GIMP 2.2.
- New content (incl. spelling and grammar fixes) for German, French, Italian, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish and Korean
- The PDF version of the manual is now generated using dblatex
- Lots of bug fixes
They recommend you wait until it’s been prepackaged for your distribution before installing it on your system, but you can always check it out online at http://docs.gimp.org.